How Do I Spell Love? V-e-g-a-n
I hope you slid over the hump with ease!
Well, Valentine's Day is now less than a week away and I wanted to round up some vegan ideas for you if you plan to celebrate love day! The following feature I found has some great suggestions for you and your sweet!
Also remember that even if you don't have a sweet to celebrate with, you can still enjoy Valentine's Day by treating yourself to something extra special. We should always show ourselves extra love whenever we can and you can also make it a point to show extra love to friends and family as well!
I also found the following recipe for homemade truffles from VegWeb that sound like a sure winner!
|Photo by Laur B (VegWeb)|
Ingredients (use vegan versions):
8 ounces vegan cream cheese
2 cups powdered sugar
2 cups vegan chocolate chips
1 tablespoon flavored liqueur, optional (I use hazelnut)
chocolate chips, melted, to coat, optional
almond bark, to coat, optional
chopped nuts, to coat, optional
coconut, to coat, optional
cocoa, to coat, optional
1. Blend vegan cream cheese and powdered sugar, slowly adding the sugar to the cream cheese (I use a food processor).
2. Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler or microwave. Add the melted chips to the cream cheese mixture, and blend until it's all mixed in.
3. If desired, put 1/2 the mixture in a glass bowl and refrigerate, then add flavored liqueur (hazelnut is nice) to the remaining mixture, and blend a little longer.
4. Put the mixture in the refrigerator for about 1 hour. Roll the mixture into little balls.
5. Roll the balls in the optional toppings, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to eat.